Fall is always an exciting time of year as the hot days of summer give way to changing leaves and cooler temps of fall. Now that the kids are back in school, it is a great time to take care of some to-do items around your home to dust off summer and prepare for fall and winter. Consider these tasks:
1. Launder slipcovers and curtains – if you’re not sure whether or not they can be laundered, take them to the dry cleaner.
2. Give the kid’s rooms a deep clean – bedrooms can collect a lot of dirt and grime during the summer. Wipe down all surfaces and move and clean beneath furniture.
3. Edit your home library – remove books from shelves (clean beneath them) and give away books that are no longer of interest.
4. Deep clean the kitchen – this can be the most daunting of all tasks. Break it down into smaller jobs and complete them over a series of days. Clean out your pantry and dispose of out-of-date items, remove everything from your cabinets and give them a wipe-down, inside and out. Also clean the interior and exterior of all appliances for a fresh start.
5. Clean carpeting and floors – consider having a professional clean all of your rugs and carpeting.
6. Clean the exterior of your home – empty pots that are no longer blooming, store yard tools and supplies for the winter, and clean up kids toys and find a good storage place for them until next year.
We hope that this list proves helpful for you as you transition your home for fall. If you are ready to move into the home of your dreams, consider Pradera. Now is a great time to sell your home and buy a new home as interest rates remain historically low, and homes are selling rapidly in the Denver area. At Pradera we offer new homes in our European Hillside Collection from the $900’s. Homes in this collection are situated on large lots, many of which back to either the award-winning Club at Pradera golf course, or open space. Skip the construction wait and take advantage of this home that is currently under construction. Call 720-851-9411 for more information!