The only thing better than a warm, delicious meal after a long Winter day is one you don’t have to cook—because it is already prepared and waiting for you. These are some of our favorite slow cooker recipes that will simplify meal time and delight your family’s taste buds.
Beef & Pork Recipes
Not only will these meals be the highlight of your day, they will provide leftovers for the week.
- This Beef Stew is a thick and hearty winter dish, a complete meal that can be served on its own or paired with rice, bread, or a variety of toppings and garnishes.
- For something a little different, try Corned Beef and Cabbage. It is packed with vegetables to complement the corned beef flavor and will warm up your family after a long winter’s day.
- These Pepper Pork Chops are tender, juicy, and flavorful. Serve alongside a fresh salad to match its hints of apple and thyme.
Many vegetarian dishes mimic traditional meat-lover dishes such as chili or stew. These slow cooker meals elevate your dining experience by embracing and celebrating winter vegetables.
- This Vegan Jambalaya packs a punch. Enjoy Creole or Cajun flavors (your choice) and plenty of healthy vegetables served with rice or perhaps a french baguette.
- Curry is one of the tastiest flavor profiles to try out in a slow cooker. Check out this Indian Coconut Vegetarian Curry recipe to get your fix of sweet heat. This also makes a delicious samosa filling.
- Want the convenience of a slow cooker meal but not in the mood for a stew or soup? Try these Quinoa Black Bean Stuffed Peppers. Not only does this recipe provide a complete meal, but it requires almost no prep!
The slow cooker isn’t just for savory dishes—it is a great way to whip up some delightful sweet dishes, too! Try these desserts for a special family treat.
- The kids will love this Slow Cooker Giant Chocolate Chip Cookie. Oh, who are we kidding, you’ll love it, too. Serve it with ice cream or a big glass of milk.
- How about something for a cozy weekend, or to pair with your favorite wine or cup of coffee? This Cherry Dump Cake provides a tasty zing and a crunchy crust. And cherries are fruit so this is basically a health food!
- These Baked Apples are the perfect dessert—or breakfast—for your family. You pick the type of apples as well as the various toppings.
Pradera residents can take a break from cooking and check out the wide variety of dining options in Parker. While you’re out and about, burn off some of those (tasty and oh-so-convenient slow cooked) calories by taking advantage of all the recreational activities in your own backyard.