Now is a good time to consider taking care of some tasks around the kitchen to ensure that you are ready for the holiday season. This will make your kitchen organized and prepared for holiday party planning and meal prep. Follow these steps:
- Give your kitchen a deep clean – clean the interior and exterior of cabinetry organizing the contents of the cabinets as needed, clean countertops and appliances including the oven and dishwasher, and launder and press table linens and cloth napkins. Also dispose of expired items in the refrigerator and wipe down drawers and shelves.
- Declutter the pantry – take an inventory of the items in your pantry. Remove pantry items, wipe down the shelves, dispose of out-of-date and seldom used items and organize spices in alphabetical order. Check on commonly used holiday spices (nutmeg, sage, rosemary, etc.) and replenish as needed.
- Sharpen knives – consider having your knives professionally sharpened so they are ready for additional cooking during the holiday season.
- Wash dishes, pots and pans that are only used during the holidays – these seldom used items tend to gather dust when sitting idle.
- Make sure you have an ample supply of kitchen basics like salt, pepper, trash bags, dishwashing detergent, aluminum foil and plastic wrap, paper towels, and napkins.
- Check the smoke detector – test your smoke detector to make sure it operates and install a fresh battery.
If you are considering taking advantage of the great real estate market, selling your home and purchasing your dream home, check out Pradera in Parker, CO. Our European Hillside Collection homes are priced from the $900’s and incorporate the best of European architecture re-imagined to reflect the best of Colorado-living with open, livable floorplans and wonderful outdoor living spaces. Contact Craig Penn at 720-851-9411 to learn about building your dream home at Pradera, or to get more info about a beautiful home currently under construction.